Monday 21 May 2012

blogging out for a while....

....with a gentle May rain...



....and raindrops....



- falling on "our" heads...


wild poppies

*

Philadelphus  'Mock orange'
*


Akelei - Aquilegia
*

Peony

 ***
   Nobody knows this little Rose

Nobody knows this little Rose --
It might a pilgrim be
Did I not take it from the ways
And lift it up to thee.
Only a Bee will miss it --
Only a Butterfly,
Hastening from far journey --
On its breast to lie --
Only a Bird will wonder --
Only a Breeze will sigh --
Ah Little Rose -- how easy
For such as thee to die!

 by Emily Dickinson



...and raindrops keep falling on our heads...

'Back wall Rose'
*

Poppy
*

Peony
*

Cotinus coggygria "Royal Purple"
*

 Harlequin rose

***


...young Limosin cattle...


...some of our "four-legged" neighbors



***

"Rose is a rose...


...is a rose...


...is a rose"

 by  Gertrude Stein  as part of the 1913 poem Sacred Emily

 


Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; 
I am thankful that thorns have roses.  
Alphonse Karr




A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world.
 Leo Buscaglia




*****
****
***

I have to go to Germany for a couple of weeks

and blogging out for a while.

 Does Oskar look concerned ???
 Perhaps a little....but he knows I'll be back....

****
***

Before I'm going off,
I'd like to show you just a few genuine and original German grain sacks
which are for sale

from my collection.

1..2..3..4..
  Antique  German grain sacks for sale

And who wants to be  NUMBER ONE...?
here you can:

 
 Nro. 1
Antique flour sack from 1902, hemp with a herringbone weave,
very large size and in excellent condition
Price incl. shipping:  165 Euros
for further info:  contact

Sold - Thank you!

****

 
No 1
Antique grain sack in hemp from Bayreuth, 1868
with two charming old patches and darns, herringbone weave
in relatively good condition
Price incl. shipping:  75 Euros
for further info:   contact

Sold - Thank you!

No 2
Antique grain sack in hemp from Richen, 1907
with an old patch and darns, herringbone weave
Price incl. shipping: 55 Euros
for further info:   contact
Sold - Thank you!

No 3
Vintage grain sack in hessian/burlap, from Hochdorf - 1920-30's
in perfect and unused condition
Price incl. shipping:  65 Euros
for further info:   contact
Sold - Thank you!

No 4
Antique grain sack in hemp from Klein-Aspach, 1880
with old repairs
Price incl. shipping:  68 Euros
for further info:  contact

Sold - Thank You!

****
***
**




Hope to see you all back after my return in June.

Until then....






Au revoir!

15 comments:

  1. Dear Karin, Hab ne gute Reise. I don't know how you can leave your beautiful garden. Every scene more beautiful than the last. Enjoy your trip and please take lots of pictures so we can enjoy your vacation with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss your posts, but i can look back at all the wonderful ones from before while you are away. Have fun in Germany x bee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Karin. How lovely you make the rain look... These flowers are simply beautiful. Loved seeing the Limousin cattle too! Enjoy your vacation! Bonne semaine, Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Karin,
    What stunning photographs of your wonderful garden. The flowers look even more beautiful with the raindrops on them. We are off to The Chelsea Flower Show on Wednesday so, I must take photos for a post. I think that you would love it.
    Have a lovely time in Germany and see you when you return. Much love and safe travels. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karin, you always amaze me, darling. Your flowers & your photography are beautiful.
    Even wet. And, I love your neighbors, those cows. I know your beautiful grain sacks will find good homes, I wish one of them could be my daughter's. But she is re-doing a 2nd investment home and all the money is going there. Sending love, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karin your garden is so beautiful I'm a tad jealous of all your roses. As for your grain sacks I want them all but can't afford them all...I wish. I hope everything is ok with your family and you're only going for a visit. Be well and take care of yourself and we'll be waiting right here with Oskar for your return!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liebe Karin,
    ich wünsch dir eine gute (Aus)Zeit!

    See you soon!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear KArin,

    Take care of yourself and your family! We will all be waiting here for you to return.

    Beautiful roses and garden and those grain sacks! I am swooning! Sadly I do not need any but they are fabulous.

    Take care, be safe
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Karin,

    Have a wonderful time in Germany, we'll be here waiting when you return. Your garden flowers are lovely in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Une publication, qui malgré la pluie est magnifique... Elle apporte sur vos photos merveilleuses une belle touche de fraîcheur et de beauté que nous oublions d'admirer.
    Merci...
    Gros bisous à vous et à très bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Karin, have a safe and happy trip. I'm sure that by the time you get back to your lovely garden it will be in full sunshine. Will miss you and look forward to posts of Germany when you return! A bientot ...
    All best wishes
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Karin,

    Have a great time in germany, I hope that you are well. It must be difficult to leave your garden for a while.

    Take care my friend
    XX
    Jérôme

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bravo!!! Saudações do Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poppies, an utter spring delight.
    But I never think of them as spangled with raindrops --- Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable post, adorable spring, thank you!

    ReplyDelete